From Cedar to Bambi to Willow and beyond, each of these girl names that mean tree is beautiful and unique. Explore the list and find the perfect name for your daughter.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Tree
- Aase Aase is an arboreal girl's name from Old Norse. It means “hailing from the tree-covered mountain.”
- AcaciaAcacia is a green name from Greek for girls. It either refers to the tree of the same name or means “honorable.”
- Adoette Adoette is a Native American girl's name of the woods. It means “big tree.”
- Aghaveagh Aghaveagh is an Irish girl's name connected to trees. It means “from the ancient tree grove.”
- Aiken Aiken is a floral Old English girl's name. It means “oaken.”
- Alameda Alameda is a girl's name associated with wood that shows up in English and Native American languages. While the English name means “ash tree lake,” the Native American name can mean “cottonwood grove.”
- Alyvia Alyvia is a Spanish girl's name associated with crop trees. It means “olive tree.”
- Arna Arna is a woody girl's name from Hebrew. It means “cedar tree.”
- BambiBambi is an Italian girl's name connected to greenery. It can either mean “girl” or “small tree.”
- Beech Beech is a Norman girl's name of the woods. Its meaning is something along the lines of “one living near a tree found along the coast.”
- Betulia Betulia is a lumbering girl's name from Hebrew. It means “birch garden.”
- Cedar Cedar is a very woody Latin name for girls. It refers to a specific species of tree that is classified as an evergreen conifer.
- Daere Daere is a woody Welsh girl's name. It means “oak.” Dera is a known variant spelling of this name and more clearly illustrates how this name should be pronounced.
- Defne Defne is a Turkish girl's name of the trees. It can mean either the “laurel” or “bay” tree.
- EbonyEbony is an arboreal girl's name from Latin. It refers to a specific species of tree known for having incredibly dark bark. This name rose to prominence among African Americans due to its associations with natural beauty and blackness.
- Elswyth Elswyth is an Anglo-Saxon name for the woody types. This name means “elf from the willows.” Such a name might be chosen to reflect how your daughter might be born in the middle of the woods.
- ElleryEllery is an English girl's name of the woods. It can mean either “joyous” or “she who lives by the alder.”
- Figueroa Figueroa is a Spanish girl's name involved trees. This specific name means “fig tree.”
- Ghusun Ghusun is an woody Arabic name for girls. It means “tree branches.”
- HazelHazel is an Old English name for girls that is obliquely tree-related. This name can refer to either the hazelnut or the tree from which they come from.
- Hollee Hollee is an English girl's name that is very tree-centric. This name means “holly tree.” One could argue that Holly is a more popular way of spelling this particular name.
- Ivie Ivie is an Old English girl's name that clings to the green. This name means “ivy,” an ornamental plant commonly found clinging to trees. Ivy is a common alternate spelling of this name.
- Illana Illana is a rooted Hebrew name for girls. It means “oak.”
- Kazia Kazia is a Hebrew girl's name with some natural specie. This name means “cinnamon bark.”
- Lindsay Lindsay is a Gaelic girl's name of the green. It means “from the lime-tree island.”
- Lakisha Lakisha is both an English and Hebrew name for girls with a tree-related meaning. While it means “cassia tree” in Hebrew, the English meaning is “joy and happiness.”
- Perrie Perrie is an English girl's name connected to fruit trees. This particular name means “one living next to pear trees.
- WillowWillow is an English girl's name of arboreal intent. The name simply refers to the specific species of tree. Willow was a witch and one of Buffy's best friends on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Rafal Michal Gadomski/Shutterstock.com.