Bambi is a baby girl’s name of Italian origin that means “little girl”. Bambi was most popular from the mid-1950s until the 1980s. The most famous Bambi is probably the titular character of Disney’s 1942 film “Bambi”.
Meaning of the name Bambi:
Italian: little girl
Origin of the name Bambi:
Bambi is an Italian girl’s name that means “little girl”. The name derives from the Italian term “bambina”.
Symbolism of the name Bambi:
Bambi means “little girl” and comes from the term “bambina”. The word is used as a term of endearment for a girl or young woman.
Style of the name Bambi:
Gender of the name Bambi:
Bambi is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Bambi:
Number of syllables in the name Bambi:
Emotion evoked from the name Bambi:
Bambi evokes feelings of youth and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Bambi:
Bhambi, Bambee, Bamby
Nicknames for the name Bambi:
Popularity of the name Bambi:
According to the Social Security Administration, Bambi is a popular baby girl’s name. Bambi was in the top 1000 baby names from 1954 to 1982. It peaked at #562 in 1979.
Related names for the name Bambi:
Great middle names for the name Bambi and their meanings:
- Viola (violet, purple)
- Seraphina (ardent, fiery)
- Cecelia (blind)
- Margot (pearl)
- Ciara (little dark one)
- Dalia (branch, gentle)
- Evangeline (bearer of good news)
- Lianna (youthful, sky father)
- Serena (tranquil, serene)
- Isla (island)
- Mila (gracious, dear)
Famous people with the name Bambi:
- Bambi Norwood Blyth (Australian model)
- Bambi Monroe (American singer)
- Bambi Woods (American actress)
- Bambi Sheleg (Israeli journalist)
- Bambi Schieffelin (American linguistic anthropologist)
Bambi in popular culture:
- Bambi (film, “Bambi”)
- Bambi Berenbaum (television, “The X-Files”)
- Bambi (comics, “Bambi and Her Pink Gun”)
- Bambi (literature, “Bambi” by Marjorie Benton Cooke)
- Bambi (television, “Robotboy”)