Mila is a girl’s baby name of Slavic origin that means “gracious, dear”. Mila is originally a diminutive of names like Milena but became popular on its own in 2006. Mila is topping the charts, sitting at #20 as of 2020.
Meaning of the name Mila:
Slavic, Russian: dear, gracious
Origin of the name Mila:
Mila is a Russian and Slavic name meaning “dear, gracious”. Mila was originally a diminutive of the name Milena.
Symbolism of the name Mila:
Mila is the family name of most types of flowering plants. It is also the name of a type of pink oriental lily that is symbolic of beauty and admiration.
Style of the name Mila:
Gender of the name Mila:
Mila is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Mila:
MYEE-lə (Russian), MI-la (Czech)
Number of syllables in the name Mila:
Emotion evoked from the name Mila:
Mila evokes feelings of beauty and success.
Alternative spellings for the name Mila:
Nicknames for the name Mila:
Popularity of the name Mila:
According to the Social Security Administration, Mila is a popular baby girl’s name that first entered the top 1000 in 2006. It has been in the top 100 names since 2013.
Related names for the name Mila:
Great middle names for the name Mila and their meanings:
- Eden (paradise)
- Delilah (delicate)
- Belle (beautiful)
- Winter (the season)
- Rain (rain)
- Astrid (divinely beautiful)
- Circe (bird)
- Fleur (flower)
- Nell (bright shining light)
- Catherine (pure)
Famous people with the name Mila:
- Milena “Mila” Kunis (Ukrainian-American actress)
- Mila J (born Jamila Aiko Aba Chilombo) (American singer and dancer)
- Mila Gojsalić (Croatian folk heroine)
- Mila Horvat (Croatian TV presenter)
- Mila Mason (American singer)
Mila in popular culture:
- Mila Valentia (video game, “Skyrim”)
- Mila Babicheva (television, “Yuri on Ice”)
- Mila (literature, “The Music of Dolphins” by Karen Hesse)
- Mila (television, “Mila Superstar)
- Mila (video game, “Dead or Alive 5”)