Winter is a modern baby girl’s name that comes from the name of the season. After the popularity of the other three season names, Winter has become a go to choice for parents looking for a beautiful nature-y name.
Meaning of the name Winter:
English: winter, the season
Origin of the name Winter:
Winter is a modern English baby girl’s name that comes from the Old English term for the winter season.
Symbolism of the name Winter:
Winter may be the coldest season of the year but for many winter is the happiest time of the year with many religious and culturally significant holidays in the winter months.
Style of the name Winter:
Gender of the name Winter:
Winter is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Winter:
Number of syllables in the name Winter:
Emotion evoked from the name Winter:
Winter evokes feelings of refinement and joy.
Alternative spellings for the name Winter:
Nicknames for the name Winter:
Popularity of the name Winter:
According to the Social Security Administration, Winter is a popular modern baby girl’s name that has been in the top 1000 names since 2012. Winter has risen to #315 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Winter:
Great middle names for the name Winter and their meanings:
- Aurelia (the golden one)
- Ophelia (help)
- Nora (light)
- Arcadia (place of peace)
- Reverie (thoughtful)
- Isadora (gift of Isis)
- Soleil (sun)
- Constance (steadfastness)
- Marigold (golden flower)
- Cecily (blind)
Famous people with the name Winter:
- Katarina Leigh Waters aka Winter (American pro wrestler)
- Winter Ave Zoli (American actress)
- Kim Min Jeong aka Winter (Korean Idol)
- WinterWilliams (daughter of actress Gretchen Mol and director Tod Williams)
Winter in popular culture:
- Winter Santiaga (literature, “The Coldest Winter Ever” by Sister Soulja)
- Winter (literature, “Lunar Chronicles” by Marissa Meyer)
- Winter Schnee (webseries, “RWBY”)
- Winter Anderson (television, “American Horror Story: Cult”)
- Winter (literature, Star Wars: Legends series)