Rain is a unique unisex baby name that refers to the weather in English. In Estonian it means “advice, counsel” and is a boy’s name.
Meaning of the name Rain:
Estonian: advice, counsel
Origin of the name Rain:
Rain is a unisex baby name of English and Estonian origin. In English Rain refers to the weather. In Estonian Rain means “advice, counsel” and comes from the Germanic name Rein and the Old English term “regn”.
Symbolism of the name Rain:
The old adage “April showers bring May flowers” is true! Crops and flowers need rain to grow. Rain is nourishing, vital, and soothing.
Style of the name Rain:
Gender of the name Rain:
Rain is a beautiful name for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Rain:
Number of syllables in the name Rain:
Emotion evoked from the name Rain:
Rain evokes feelings of peace and wisdom.
Alternative spellings for the name Rain:
Raine, Rein, Rayne
Nicknames for the name Rain:
Popularity of the name Rain:
According to the Social Security Administration, Rain is an uncommon unisex baby name. Rain has never appeared in the top 1000 names in the US.
Related names for the name Rain:
Great middle names for the name Rain and their meanings:
Famous people with the name Rain:
- Rain Joan of Arc Phoenix (American actress/musician)
- Rain Pryor (American actress and comedienne)
- Rain India Lexton (daughter of actress Marisol Nichols and Taron Lexton)
- Rain McDermott Murphy (daughter of singer Michael McDermott)
- Meadow Rain Walker (daughter of actor Paul Walker)
Rains in popular culture:
- Oziandra “Rain” RainaryIn (literature, Wicked series by Gregory Maguire)
- Rain Leary (video game, “The Sims 3 Moonlight Bay”)
- Rain“Sasquatch in the Paint” by Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Raymond Obstfeld)
- Rain (video games, “Mortal Kombat”)
- Rain (video games, “Divinity Original Sin 2”)