Isadora is an ancient baby name. It dates back to Egyptian mythology, relating to the goddess Isis. As of 2021, it is a top 2,900 option at rank 2,862.
Meaning of the name Isadora:
Greek: gift of Isis
Origin of the name Isadora:
Isadora is a spelling variation of the baby name Isidora. Isidora is the feminine form of Isidore from ancient Greece. It became popular because of an Egyptian saint with the title. Isidore originated from the Greek Isidoros, coming from the Egyptian goddess Isis. It combines Isis with the word “doron.”
Symbolism of the name Isadora:
The baby name Isadora dates back to the ancient baby name Isidoros. Isidoros draws inspiration from the Egyptian goddess Isis. It also utilizes the word “doron.” “Doron” translates to “gift” in English.
Style of the name Isadora:
Gender of the name Isadora:
Isadora is an upper class name for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Isadora:
Number of syllables in the name Isadora:
Emotion evoked from the name Isadora:
Isadora is a refined and formal name for girls. It is serious and upscale.
Alternative spellings for the name Isadora:
Nicknames for the name Isadora:
Popularity of the name Isadora:
Isadora was only a top 1,000 baby name in 1900 at rank 992. As of 2021, Isadora is a top 2,900 option. More specifically, it is number 2,862 for girls.
Related names for the name Isadora:
Great middle names for Isadora and their meanings:
- Maude (powerful battler, woman from Magdala, mighty in battle)
- Claire (clear, light, bright)
- Giselle (to pledge)
- Eloise (healthy, wide)
- Ruth (compassionate friend)
- Simone (He has heard, God had heard)
- Collette (victory of the people)
- Sophia (wisdom, divine wisdom)
Famous people with the name Isadora:
- Isadora Williams (figure skater)
- Isadora Cerullo (rugby player)
- Isadora Loyola (ballerina)
- Isadora Bennett (dance publicist)
- Isadora Pompeo (singer, vlogger)
Isadoras in popular culture:
- Isadora Wing (character from “Fear of Flying”)
- Isadora de Montalvo (character from “Destilando Amor”)