From River to Cotton to Thunder and beyond, there are plenty of handsome and masculine boy names that mean nature. Here are a handful that merely scratch the surface. Check them out and find the perfect name for your son.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Nature
- Cliff Cliff is a form of Clifford, and it means a “stiff cliff.” The nature name is of English origin.
- RiverA river is a natural flowing stream of water, and it's also a nature boy name. The most famous person named “River” is the late actor River Phoenix. River is of Latin origin.
- West West is short for “Western town.” The nature boy name is of English origin.
- Grove Grove is a boy nature name. It means a “grove of trees,” and the name is of English origin.
- Blaze Blaze is a nature name for boys. It means the “flame” of a fire. Blaze has a Latin origin.
- Birch Birch is a name with English origin. The nature name means “birch tree.”
- Cotton – Cotton, of English origin, is a nature boy name that means “cotton.” The cotton plant grows in 17 states in the southern part of the United States. A man with the name Cotton was the famous minister and author Cotton Mather.
- Wood Wood is a nature boy name of American origin. It means “from the woods,” and it's short for Woody or Woodrow.
- Stone Stone is a nature boy name of English origin. It means “dweller by the stone,” or “rocks.” A famous man with the name Stone is the American television reporter Stone Phillips.
- Ice The nature name “Ice” is of American origin. It means “frozen water.” A couple of rappers call themselves Ice, such as O'Shea Jackson Sr., better known as Ice Cube, and Tracy Lauren Morrow, better known as Ice-T.
- Glen– is a nature boy name of Scottish origin. It means “from the wooded valley.”
- Basil The nature boy name “Basil,” of English origin, means “king.” However, basil is also an herb that is used for cooking and in alternative medicines. A famous man with the name Basil is the late actor Basil Rathbone.
- Field Field is a boy nature name of English origin. It means “a field.”
- Thunder Thunder is an American nature boy name. The name means “loud noise in the sky.”
- Curry – Curry is a nature boy name of Irish origin. It means “from the wet plain.” Curry is also a spice that comes from the curry tree.
- Huckleberry Huckleberry is boy nature name that means “sweet berry.” Huckleberry, of American origin, was made famous by the Mark Twain character Huckleberry Finn.
- Bull The nature boy name “Bull” is of English origin. It means “male bovine animal.”
- Banyan – Banyan is a nature boy name of English origin. The name means “merchant,” but it also pays tribute to the Banyan tree, which the Hindus consider sacred.
- Chaman Chaman, pronounced “CH-EYMAHN,” is of Indian origin. The nature name means “garden.”
- Dekel Dekel is a Hebrew nature boy name. It means “palm tree.”
- Fell The nature boy name “Fell” is of English origin. It means “dweller on the mountain.”
- Fiorello Fiorello, pronounced “FiyaoREHLow” is a nature boy name of Italian origin. It means “little flower.”
- Moss Moss is a nature boy name, of English origin, that has two meanings. The first is moss, the flowerless green plant that grows in nature. The second is of Biblical origin – “born of God.” It originates from the Biblical name Moses.
- Ghayth Ghayth, pronounced “Gey-TH,” is of Arabic origin. The nature boy name means “rain,” or “water.”
- Holt Holt is a nature boy name of English origin. It means “woodland.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!