While the notion of hunting may be traditionally a more masculine activity, this list of girl names that mean hunter underscore the fact females can be successful at hunting endeavors as well. From Winda to Zarola to Cyrene and beyond, each name is unique and beautiful. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Hunter
- Kacela- name meaning “African hunter,” Kacela is an optional version of the name Kayla. It's a beautiful, sweet, yet strong name for a girl.
- Aala- “she who protects and hunts,” the name Aala signals power for your little girl.
- Brenda- Scandinavian and English, Brenda means “blade of the sword.” She, who is named Brenda, is fierce, dominant, and ready for the hunt.
- Fianna – Fianna means “Warrior huntress” in Irish dialect.
- Zarola- Arabic/Muslim heritage, the name Zarola means hunter. It rolls easily off the tongue and works as a modern girl name.
- AlessiaThis name is of Italian origin and means “hunter or defender.”
- Nujalik “Goddess of hunting,” the name Nujalik has a Chinese origin based on the “God on land.”
- Kainda “Hunter's Daughter, this name is often given to African girls born to powerful, influential fathers.
- Dali- beautiful goddess from the mythology of the Georgian people, Dali serves as an amazing hunter name for a hunting goddess for baby girls. Dali serves as the patron of hoofed wild mountain animals.
- Pakhet A goddess of war and hunt, she often is portrayed as a feline-headed woman who has sharp claws she uses to kill snakes.
- Artemis- Goddess of wind, animals, and hunting, Artemis was a crucial figure in Greek mythology. The regal name is unusual though powerful.
- Winda- Swahili name meaning hunter, Winda sounds as cool to say as it is to write on paper.
- Brielle- French origin, Brielle is a girl's name meaning “hunting grounds.” The name is sweet and kinds as well as having a relation to hunting.
- Mielikki- God of forest and hunt, Mielikki is a skilled healer with a talent for healing animal paws. She is dainty and charming.
- Rachel- demon hunter, Rachel wants to destroy all demons in her way. The name is feminine yet fierce.
- Cyrene A cute, yet furious name for a girl, Cyrene is the name of Hypeseus's daughter. She was a fierce huntress. Your little girl will grow up brave when she has this name.
- Pinga- Intuit goddess of medicine, hunt, and fertility. She is strong, physically and mentally.
- Sally “A short trip for pleasure,” Sally works well as a girl's name if you're looking for a name that means hunter. Hunters enjoy their trips to wooded areas to hunt down their prey.
- Zarola- name said to mean hunter, Zarola was common for girls names at one time but is nearly unheard of these days. Zarola offers a unique name for your beautiful girl.
- Neith- short, easy name that means hunter is Neith. It's a charming name and that of the Egyptian goddess of the hunt. The name also means “Divine Mother.”
- Flidais- of the Tuatha De Danann, she is the goddess of hunting and the woodlands or the goddess of all beasts.
- Devana A stylish name for hunter girls, Devana is a Slavic goddess of the hunt. She is equal to the Roman goddess Diana.
- Atalanta- Greek mythology, Atlanta was the daughter of Mainlo and Schoenus. She was left on the mountainside by her father because he wanted a son instead of a daughter.
- Arnakuagsak- goddess who was in charge of making sure hunters had enough food, Arnakuagsak may take time to learn to pronounce properly, but certainly holds rank as a most unusual name.
- Gwyn- Mythical figure known as the fair folk, he led wild hunts among his people. This name works well as a girl name in popular usage.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!