This list of boy names that mean hunter is filled with a vast array of unique options. Explore all of the names — complete with origins and meaning — and find the perfect option for your son.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Hunter
- Hern Hern means “mythical hunter” and is a boy's name derived from England.
- Draven This Old English word means “hunter.” It's easy to spell and pronounce and unique enough to stand out.
- Zambadi – A name of Arabic origin, Zambaid means “hunter.”
- Hunter- most obvious name for hunting fans, Hunter is easy to spell and pronounce. The straightforward name earns respect as well.
- Shikari Of Indian origin, Shikari means “a hunter.” The fun, unique name defines your child as a boy of power and dominance.
- Cocidus- Coicuius means ‘hunter god.” The name has a Roman origin.
- Parker A name that was given to English park keepers who often hunted wild animals, Parker works well as a first name for a boy.
- Hawk Hawks bring protection to those who see them soaring high in the air. The name Hawk for a boy brings a sense of protection to those nearby, exactly what a hunter needs in the field.
- Oringo The African-Kenyan name means “he who likes the hunt.” A unique name anywhere in the world, Oringo bears a Christian religious backing.
- Thimba Thimba is a Swahili name with the meaning “lion hunter.” This name is perfect for all fierce boys and future hunters.
- Kanati The first hunter of the Cherokee tribe, Kanati also taught others his skill for quick captures and short chases. Kanati sounds modern and ranks as a unique name.
- Gahiji- the Rwandan language, Gahiji means “a hunter.” For parents searching for a unique name with a fun pronunciation, Gahiji suits the role.
- OrionIn Greek mythology, Orion is a popular hunter. In popular culture, Orion means “mountain dweller.”
- TheronThe name means “hunter.” Often a surname, Theron works as a first name as well.
- Hunt hunt is part of every hunter's agenda. The shortened version of hunter cuts right to the point, making it the perfect name for a newborn boy.
- Lelantos Another name of Greek mythology, Lelantos is a great boy's name which manes “God of Hunting.” There's no more powerful name than one meaning a God.
- Jaecar Of German origin, Jaecar means “hunter.” The two-syllable name is stealthy for a boy.
- Huntington Another name for boys meaning “hunter,” Huntington has a ring of sophistication to it, helping ensure a bright future for your little one.
- Cuan Of Irish origin, the name Cuan means “little wolf.” For a newborn boy, the name signals a protector, strong, dependant person in the future.
- Makya A strong powerful name meaning “eagle hunter,” Makya is unique, easy to pronounce, and easy to spell, making the name a good choice for your little boy.
- Fowler A surname meaning “wild bird hunter,” more parents choose the word as a first name these days.
- ChaseChase means “to hunt.” The hunt always requires a chase, making this name relevant to parents who consider themselves fearless hunters.
- Bowie- name of a popular hunting knife known for its strength and durability, Bowie is a common surname and increasingly popular first name for dynamic boys.
- Nujalik The goddess of hunting on land in mythology, the name Nujalik is popular in Canada. Many boys in Canada have this name.
- Holten Meaning “Someone who lives in the den of an animal,” the name suits hunters who often stalk out their prey. It's modern, unique, and fun as well.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Kiselev Andrey Valerevich/Shutterstock.com.