Valentina is a popular V name for girls though it has only been in the United States since the 1990s. It has a certain strength behind it when considering the meaning, and a certain exotic flair. The strength behind this feminine name is seen even in that it was the name for the first woman in space.
Meaning of the name Valentina:
Latin: strength, health
Origin of the name Valentina:
Valentina was created to be the feminine alternative to the Latin name Valentine. Originally, this baby name Valentine was the name Valentinus in classic Roman culture. This original name meant “strong” and “healthy.”
Symbolism of the name Valentina:
Valentina still retains the original meaning of the Roman name Valentinus. It is a strong name for females then that it is able to showcase the strength one has with an international flair.
Style of the name Valentina:
Gender of the name Valentina:
The baby name Valentina is feminine.
Pronunciation of the name Valentina:
Number of syllables in the name Valentina:
Emotion evoked from the name Valentina:
Valentina feels exotic and flirty. It is a fun name that still feels feminine.
Alternative spellings for the name Valentina:
Nicknames for the name Valentina:
Popularity of the name Valentina:
The baby name Valentina entered the United States' top 1,000 list in 1994 at number 954. In 2010, it went to the top 200 list until 2016. As of 2017, the baby name is a top 100 option and in 2020, it ranked at number 73 for girls.
Related names for the name Valentina:
Great middle names for Valentina and their meanings:
- Dinah (justified)
- Nova (new)
- Aveline (hazelnut)
- Esme (to love)
- Eloise (healthy, wide)
- Alice (noble, exalted)
- Mary (beloved, wished-for child)
- Miranda (to be wondered at)
Famous people with the name Valentina:
- Valentina Tereshskova (first woman in space)
- Valentina de Angelis (actress, “Everlasting”)
- Valentina Cervi (actress, “The Last Paradiso”)
- Valentina Cortese (actress, “Le Amiche”)
- Valentina Ferrer (Miss Argentina from 2014)
- Valentina Marchei (professional figure skater)
Valentinas in popular culture:
- Valentina (character from “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”)
- Valentina Diaz (character from “Devious Maids”)
- Valentina Barella (character from “The Mayor”)