Aveline is a Christian Germanic name. The name comes from the French word for hazelnut, and probably gained a lot of popularity when attached to the popular name Ava.
Meaning of the name Aveline
French: desired; or island, water; hazelnut
Germanic: longed for
Origin of the name Aveline
Aveline is said to come from the French word for “hazelnut.” The name comes from an obscure Germanic root, but the meaning of it has not been determined.
Symbolism of the name Aveline
Aveline suggests classic strength. It comes from a variety of origins. She is a leader and creative.
Style of the name Aveline
Gender of the name Aveline
Aveline is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Aveline
Number of syllables in the name Aveline
Emotion evoked from the name Aveline
Aveline evokes happy thoughts of music, enthusiasm, and charm
Alternative spellings for the name Aveline
Nicknames for the name Aveline
Popularity of the name Aveline
The name Aveline did not show up on popularity charts until around 2007. It remained a unique name until around 2015 when the popularity shot up. After that, the popularity went back down.
Related names for the name Aveline
Great middle names for Aveline and their meanings
- Lily (purity)
- Claire (clear or light)
- Grace (charm, goodness, generosity)
- Juliette (youthful)
- Charlotte (free man or petite)
- Rae (female sheep)
- Ruth (feeling of pity)
- Frances (the free one)
Famous people with the name Avelina
- Aveline de Forz (Countess of Aumale, English heiress
- Aveline de Clare (Countess of Essex, English heiress
- Aveline Kushi (Japanese writer)
- Jordan Aveline Blair (American musician)
Avelines in popular culture
- Aveline Vallen (character in the video game “Dragon Age II”)
- La Fee Aveline (French comic by Rene Goscinny and Coq)
- Aveline Boswell (character in British television comedy series “Bread”)
- AvelineGrandpre (American assassin and soldier; featured in Assassin’s Creed video game)