Elodie is a baby girl’s name of French origin that means “foreign riches”. Elodie is a traditional name but it has only become popular in the US as of 2019. As of 2020 it is #701.
Meaning of the name Elodie:
French: foreign riches
Origin of the name Elodie:
Elodie is a French baby girl’s name that means “foreign riches”. Elodie comes from the ancient Germanic name Alodia.
Symbolism of the name Elodie:
Elodie means “foreign riches” and evokes images of wealth and power: gold, jewelry, and gemstones.
Style of the name Elodie:
Gender of the name Elodie:
Elodie is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Elodie:
eh-LOW-dee (English), EH-LAW-DEE (French)
Number of syllables in the name Elodie:
Emotion evoked from the name Elodie:
Elodie evokes feelings of prosperity and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Elodie:
Alodie, Elody, Alody
Nicknames for the name Elodie:
Popularity of the name Elodie:
According to the Social Security Administration, Elodie is a popular baby girl’s name. Elodie first entered the top 1000 baby names in 2019 and is #701 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Elodie:
Great middle names for the name Elodie and their meanings:
- Emmeline (work)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Violet (purple)
- Poppy (red flower)
- Wren (little bird)
- Piper (pipe player)
- Harlow (rock army)
- Eden (paradise, place of delight)
- Autumn (the season)
- Belle (beautiful)
Famous people with the name Elodie:
- Elodie Keene (American film director)
- Élodie Yung (French actress)
- Elodie Lauten (French-American composer)
- Élodie Bouchez (French actress)
- Élodie Navarre (French actress)
Elodie in popular culture:
- Elodie Verlac (literature, “The Mortal Instruments” by Cassandra Clare)
- Elodie Lochan (literature, “Throne of Glass” by Sarah J. Maas)
- Queen Elodie (video game, “Long Live the Queen”)
- Elodie (literature, “A Tale of Two Castles” by Gail Carson Levine)
- Elodie (literature, “Rose Under Fire” by Elizabeth Wein)