Kings Island is a beloved family destination just 24 miles outside of Cincinnati. Located in Mason, Ohio, this 364-acre amusement park has more than 100 attractions for families, as well as a water park. There are plenty of special events throughout the year, including live entertainment. But Halloween at Kings Island is one of the best times to visit!
Whether you’re looking for some Halloween thrills for older kids or trick-or-treating for younger kids, Kings Island has something for your whole family at this festive time of year.
Halloween at Kings Island: Events
During the fall season, there are two major events happening at Kings Island. The first is Halloween Haunt, a frightening event for mature audiences that takes place at night in the park. The other major event going on in September and October is the Tricks and Treats Fall Fest, which involves food, games, and fun without the gore.
If you have older kids or you want a night out for the parents, then Halloween Haunt may be for you. This spooky event, which takes place on select days in September and October, is meant for audiences of at least 13 years old, so leave the little ones at home. The Halloween Haunt was voted the “Best Theme Park Halloween Event” by USA Today in 2021, and with good reason. At this event, you’ll find a variety of thrills from scare zones to haunted mazes. After dark, there are creatures hiding around every corner as you wander through the park. If you love a good scare, you'll enjoy this annual event.
Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
The Tricks and Treats Fall Fest takes place on select days during September and October. This is truly a fun and festive event for the whole family. Whether you have little ones or older kids, there’s something for each age group to enjoy. Here are a few of the things you won’t want to miss at the Fall Fest:
- Festive food — There are plenty of festive snacks available at different stations during the festivities. If you purchase a Tasting Card, you can try the treats at each snack station as you’re making your way through the park.
- Speciality drinks — For the grown-ups, there are craft beers, ciders, and specialty drinks offered throughout the park. And for those who are looking for a non-alcoholic beverage, the special “potions” can be made without alcohol as well.
- Fall-themed activities — The annual Halloween event has all of the attractions you love at a typical fall festival, but with the uniqueness of Kings Island. Tractor rides, game shows, crafts, and scavengers hunts will keep your family busy.
- Halloween costumes — Guests who are 12 and younger are encouraged to wear their Halloween garb and participate in the annual costume contest. And if your kids don't have a Halloween costume, the Costume Council will help them get dressed up to participate in the contest.
- Trick-or-treating — No Halloween event is complete without trick-or-treating! Kings Island has various stops throughout the park where your kids can snag some candy.
If you're visiting Kings Island during Halloween, you'll find fun for the whole family. Between Tricks and Treats Fall Fest during the day and Halloween Haunt at night, there's something for everyone during the fall season.
- Halloween at Holiday World
- Halloween at Legoland
- Halloween at Knott's Berry Farm
- Halloween at Universal Studios Florida