Plain chicken doesn’t need to go through a 20 step process with a hundred ingredients to taste good. This recipe has only six ingredients but they work well together to deliver great taste in an easy weeknight dinner favorite. Perfect for all the cheese lovers in your family!
4 whole chicken breasts (boneless)
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 stick butter (add more as needed, butter reduces with cooking)
1/2 lb. Mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms (optional)
1. Slice chicken breasts into serving size pieces. Place chicken in slightly beaten egg for 1 hour and refrigerate.
2. If using mushrooms, sauté and set aside.
3. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese on a shallow plate. Roll chicken pieces in breadcrumb mixture and fry in butter until brown (about 10 minutes). Add additional butter as needed for frying.
4. Place chicken in 9 x 13 dish and place mushrooms on top (if using).
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven.
6. Remove from oven, place Mozzarella cheese cheese on top.
7. Place chicken back in oven until cheese melts.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes: