This recipe combines a delicious blend of ranch, cheese, and spices to dress up plain old chicken breasts for an easy, weeknight dinner for any busy parent. Chicken is a favorite in part because it's so customizable. Since it is a relatively neutral-tasting meat, you can add all kinds of seasonings to it.
Ranch salad dressing has become increasingly popular as an ingredient in a variety of recipes. More and more cooks are realizing that it isn't just for salad! With the right recipe, ranch dressing can be used to introduce even more flavor into your dish, in all the right places.
Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder round out the seasonings for this recipe. Parmesan cheese adds even more flavor, meaning this chicken dinner will quickly become a family favorite. Don't be surprised if your family starts asking for it again and again!
This recipe will take about 30-35 minutes to bake. Prep time isn't too long, so this is definitely a dinner you can finish in under an hour. It serves six, so if you have a smaller family you'll definitely have leftovers. Serve with rice or veggies.
Parmesan Ranch Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (set oven rack to lowest position).
2. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3. In a shallow bowl mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
4. Dip the chicken into the ranch dressing to coat both sides. Dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place in a single layer on to a greased baking sheet.
6. Lightly drizzle the melted butter over each chicken breast.
7. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Serves 6.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/bhofack2 .