At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Italian Sausage Manicotti
Mixed Green Salad
Manicotti gets an upgrade with the addition of Italian sausage mixed in with 3 different cheeses and seasonings. This is the perfect dinner for planned leftovers or when you want to feed a crowd. It’s an easy casserole that shines at any potluck or big family dinner.
Italian Sausage Manicotti Ingredients:
1 pound spicy Italian sausage
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups ricotta cheese
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
3 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
18 manicotti shells
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, bring tomatoes and marinara sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, chilies, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Divide 2 cups of sauce between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
5. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with cheese mixture. Place in prepared pans. Sprinkle with sausage; top with remaining sauce.
6. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes.
7. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and manicotti is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Serve with salad and warm buttered Italian Bread.