At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Rosa’s Cucina Spinach Manicotti
1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4½ cups spaghetti sauce
¾ cup water
1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg whites, parsley, salt, onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Combine spaghetti sauce and water. Spread 1 cup of the mixture in an ungreased 13×9 inch baking dish.
3. Using a teaspoon or a heavy zip-lock bag with the corner cut off, stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture.
4. Arrange manicotti over spaghetti sauce in baking dish. Top with remaining sauce.
5. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
6. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
7. Uncover and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (2 stuffed shells) equals:
13 grams fat (7 grams saturated fat),
37 mg cholesterol
1,128 mg sodium
51 grams carbohydrate
6 grams fiber
24 grams protein