This pineapple stuffing recipe came to our table about 15 years ago and has been a holiday tradition ever since. My oldest son had raved about pineapple stuffing after having it a friend's house, and his mom (an amazing cook) gave me her recipe.
She had gotten it from her mother, who said it had just always been in their family. They made this pineapple stuffing recipe every time a big ham dinner was being served.
We have it for both Thanksgiving and Easter, it goes perfectly with ham at Easter and replaced the cranberry stuffing at Thanksgiving. It's a much tastier alternative to the pineapple rings that never quite stayed put and ended up cooking in the bottom of the roasting pan.
Pineapple stuffing is also easier to make than prepping whole cranberries for stuffing. Serve it as a side but be sure to try some along with a bite of ham or turkey on your fork. Pineapple stuffing is incredibly moist and delicious!Print
Pineapple stuffing is incredibly moist and delicious! It is an easy to make side dish perfect for serving with ham.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar (we use 1/2 cup of light brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar, the original recipe is slightly sweeter)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 slices white bread, torn
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice drained
- Grease a medium sized casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter with sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir bread and crushed pineapple into the mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Serves 4 – we usually double it because it is great the next day with leftovers
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Homestyle
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
Keywords: pineapple stuffing ham Easter Christmas