Sloppy Joes are often synonymous with quick and easy. Many parents decide to just buy Sloppy Joe mixture from the store, to make it extra easy on themselves. But, you can easily make your own Sloppy Joes without having to dedicate lots of time to the kitchen!
This quick and easy Sloppy Joes recipe will become a staple in your kitchen. It's so good, you'll never feel the need to use store-bought Sloppy Joe mixture again. You'll love it, your kids will love it, and everyone will leave the table feeling satisfied.
To keep it extra simple, we recommend serving these Sloppy Joes with potato chips and pickles. Choose whatever potato chips your family prefers. Just keep in mind that certain flavored chips may not blend well with the tastes of a Sloppy Joe! If you can't decide, we recommend just sticking with plain chips.
If this is your first time on Moms Who Think, this is by no means the only recipe we have. We have tons of great, easy recipes for your family to enjoy. Our mission is to provide parents with articles that help them through the enjoyable challenge of raising children. Our recipes help parents keep their family well-fed and happy!
Sloppy Joes with Potato Chips and Pickles
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup tomato puree
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 hamburger buns
1. Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until almost cooked through (about 3 minutes).
5. Stir in tomato puree, ketchup, water, brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
6. Simmer until sauce is slightly thicker than ketchup, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Season mixture with salt and Tabasco to taste. Spoon meat mixture onto hamburger buns and serve with potato chips and crisp pickles. Makes 4 servings.