Raffia Twig Star
This twig star not only is a great gift, but is also a great free craft that you can make from materials right around your house.
Combine with a nature walk through your yard, park or nearby woods to get the materials.
5 Sticks of wood approximately the same diameter cut to the same length.
Hot Glue Gun
10 pieces Raffia – cut about 12” long (may substitute rope, string, or twine)
Green wood is twist tied together to keep straight until dry.
Twig Star Directions
1. Begin by hot gluing 3 twigs together. (The hot glue holds the twigs together while tying with raffia.)
2. Tie each intersecting area together with raffia crisscrossing several times. Tie a knot on the backside – keeping all of the knots on the same side.
3. Snip long ends of ties.
3. Continue tying first 3 intersecting areas.
4. Next, hot glue another twig to the other 3 and tie those intersecting points.
5. Continue adding twigs until all 5 form a star and all intersecting points are tied.
6. Rotate star to determine which point you would like for the top and tie and knot a piece of fishing line to hang the star with.