At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Mozzarella and Tomato Crostini
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 loaf French bread, thinly sliced
3 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
10 ounces mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter the french bread slices on one side and cut in half.
2. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet, buttered side up.
3. Place the tomato slices in a shallow dish and sprinkle with the olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss gently.
5. Cut the mozzarella into 12 thin slices to fit the bread slices. Top each piece of bread with a slice of mozzarella.
6. Arrange 1 or 2 of the tomato slices on top of cheese.
7. Bake until the bread is thoroughly heated and the mozzarella is almost melted, about 5 minutes.