Sweet potatoes are one of our favorite fall vegetables. They're versatile, delicious and loaded with plenty of vitamins. If you're looking for some unique Thanksgiving dishes to try this year, you won't want to miss out on this remix of the classic sweet potato casserole.
This ultra-simple Sweet Potato Fluff recipe only requires 10 ingredients, all of which you probably have sitting in your pantry! With the creamy smoothness of a classic sweet potato pie and an exotic twinge of coconut, you and your guests will all be calling for this Sweet Potato Fluff to become a new Thanksgiving staple.
Not only is this a vegetarian-safe Thanksgiving recipe, but it's also extremely easy to prepare. If you have to go to a family dinner or are hosting without any idea how to work your way around a kitchen, this recipe will be a life-saver. Not only does it perfectly compliment the robust flavors of a savory turkey, but it can be an excellent substitute to pies and Thanksgiving desserts if you are trying to cut calories.
Sweet Potato Thanksgiving Recipes
This Sweet Potato Fluff recipe is just one of many sweet potato dishes we have on offer for this holiday season. You may not even be able to fathom a holiday season without a pile of sweet potatoes on your plate; good, old-fashioned sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is a Thanksgiving classic, but it's far from being the only option when it comes to yams.
Our collection of sweet potato recipes, including this irresistible Sweet Potato Fluff, will have you wondering just how many sweet potato sides it's acceptable to serve on one dinner table. Sweet potatoes are one of our
Sweet potatoes are a diving dish; some people swear that the casserole with marshmallows is one of the worst things to ever happen to American cuisine, while others may count down the days until they can dig in to this traditional culinary classic.
- The must-have convenient reference guide for every home cook!
- Includes more than 8,000 substitutions for ingredients, cookware, and techniques.
- Save time and money on by avoiding trips to grab that "missing" ingredient you don't really need.
One thing's for sure: Whether you like your sweet potatoes with extra sugar or just a few marshmallows on top, this fluff is 100-percent customizable and can be enjoyed year-round. Consider whipping it up for an easy dinner side dish throughout the year!Print
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the mashed sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, ½ cup of the butter or margarine, vanilla and flaked coconut. Place in heat proof 2 quart sized casserole dish.
- With a fork mix the brown sugar, flour, pecans and the remaining ⅓ cup of butter or margarine. Sprinkle over the top of the potato mixture. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 30