Peppercorn Steak with Thyme Butter Sauce
1¼ pounds flank or skirt steak
2 Tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Coat a stovetop grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
2. Season both sides of the steak with salt and the cracked peppercorns.
3. Place the steak on the hot pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium.
4. Remove the steak from the pan and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing crosswise (against the grain) into ¼-inch-thick slices.
5. Melt the butter, thyme and Worcestershire sauce together in a small saucepan over medium heat.
6. Serve the steak slices with the butter sauce spooned over the top.