This is the classic recipe out of the black forest of Germany. With chocolate, cherries and cream cheese it's a decadent showstopper!
Black Forest Cheesecake Ingredients:
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
3 Tablespoons margarine, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 (21 ounce) can cherry or strawberry pie filling
Frozen whipped topping, thawed
Black Forest Cheesecake Directions:
1. Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
2. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Blend in heavy cream, chocolate and extract, mix until smooth. Pour mixture over crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
4. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill for at least 6 hours..
5. Top cheesecake with pie filling and whipped topping just before serving. Spoon pie filling to within 1 1/2 inches of edge of cheesecake. About every three inches around the edge, place a dollop of whipped cream.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.