At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
This is the classic recipe out of the black forest of Germany. With chocolate, cherries and cream cheese it’s a decadent showstopper!
Black Forest Cheesecake
Black Forest Cheesecake Ingredients:
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
3 Tablespoons margarine, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 (21 ounce) can cherry or strawberry pie filling
Frozen whipped topping, thawed
Black Forest Cheesecake Directions:
1. Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
2. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Blend in heavy cream, chocolate and extract, mix until smooth. Pour mixture over crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
4. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill for at least 6 hours..
5. Top cheesecake with pie filling and whipped topping just before serving. Spoon pie filling to within 1 1/2 inches of edge of cheesecake. About every three inches around the edge, place a dollop of whipped cream.
Cheesecake Recipes List