This heavenly smooth and decadent chocolate cheesecake recipe is the combination of two of life's greatest pleasures; chocolate and cheesecake. It is definitely not a recipe to make once a year, this is a well-deserved indulgence on a regular basis!
1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
3 Tablespoons butter
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 15 ounce package ricotta cheese, drained
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons praline liqueur
2 egg whites
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
Chocolate Cheesecake Directions:
1. Melt butter. Add chocolate wafers, mix well. Line a springform pan with cookie mixture to form crust.
2. Beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese with an electic mixer in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
3. Add milk and egg substitute, beating well. Add cocoa, vanilla extract, and praline liquer, beating well.
4. Beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold stiff egg whites into the cheese filling mixture and spoon over cookie crust.
6. Bake at 275 degrees F for 1 hour. Turn off oven, and leave cheesecake in oven for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, cool, then cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
This chocolate cheesecake recipe uses semi-sweet chocolate morsels along with cocoa for an intensely rich chocolate experience. It is pure decadence!
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 (16 oz.) carton sour cream
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, mixing well; firmly press on bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
2. Place semisweet morsels in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.
3. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in cocoa, melted chocolate, and vanilla; mix until blended. Stir in sour cream, blending well. Pour into crust.
6. Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill at least 6 hours until firm.