Baked Roasted Rosemary Chicken
Roast chicken is not only an easy dinner to make, but when you cook it with the vegetables in the same pan it's absolutely effortless.This recipe uses the wonderfully aromatic herb rosemary, along with garlic and butter to infuse the chicken and vegetables with amazing flavor.
Once you slip the chicken into the oven, your senses will be treated to the smell of rosemary wafting throughout the house as it mingles with the chicken and transforms it to an outstanding meal. Because it takes a little over two hours to roast, this is the perfect Sunday dinner...roasting slowly in the oven while you relax.
Serve with warm buttered rolls and hot apple pie with ice cream for dessert for a dinner to remember.
Baked Roasted Chicken
1/2 cup butter
2 Tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 7 pounds)
8 small red potatoes, halved
6 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces and halved lengthwise
2 medium onions, quartered
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add rosemary, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan, tie drumsticks together with cooking twine.
3. Spoon half of the butter mixture over chicken.
4. Arrange vegetables around chicken, drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours, basting every 30 minutes.
6. Uncover, bake one hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees, basting occasionally.
7. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken recipes