If you've never cooked with Coca-Cola before, the concept may sound a little odd to you. Why on Earth would you use this sweet soda to make a dinner? Dessert, sure. But dinner? How could that possibly work without tasting too sweet?
Trust us when we say it really does work. This Coca-Cola chicken recipe is the perfect step into the world of cooking with Coke. Many families already have cans of Coke on hand, making this a great recipe to whip up. Have it with a glass of Coke for the ultimate experience!
We think kids will love this one, too. Anything on the sweeter side is surely going to be a favorite with a kid, especially one with a big sweet tooth. The honey barbecue sauce will bring even more delicious flavor into this dish, giving you an easy dinner that you don't have to fight with your kids over.
Enjoy this recipe? We have dozens of other chicken recipes across our site for your perusal. Chicken is an important part of a balanced diet, so finding unique and tasty ways to incorporate it into your weekly meal plan is a must. With our help, you'll always have an answer to “What's for dinner?”!
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, flattened to ¼ inch thickness
1 12-ounce can Coca-Cola
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Cover and turn heat to medium.
3. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Uncover, and cook an additional 10 minutes until done. Serves 4.
Herbed Potatoes Recipe
3 large potatoes
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
2 Tablespoons oil
celery salt, to taste
garlic salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Place the potato slices on well greased shallow baking pans.
4. Combine pepper, oregano, thyme, sage, and rosemary in a small bowl.
5. Brush the potato slices with oil and a sprinkle with the herb mixture.
6. Bake the potato slices for about 20 minutes or until they are well-browned and crisp.
7. Sprinkle with combined salts and serve. Serves 4.