Juicy Roasted Herbed Tenderloin with Potatoes and Carrots
2 pork tenderloins (¾ pound each)
2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
1 pound carrots, halved and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the pork in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Arrange the potatoes, carrots and onion around pork. Drizzle with the olive oil.
3. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over meat and vegetables.
4. Bake uncovered, stirring vegetables occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside (a meat thermometer should read 160°) and vegetables are tender.
5. Remove roast from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (3 ounces cooked meat with 1 cup vegetables) equals:
7 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
67 mg cholesterol
299 mg sodium
40 grams carbohydrate
5 grams fiber
28 grams protein