Butter Chicken Recipe - American Style
Most of the time when you look for butter chicken, it's an Indian recipe with lots and lots of curry. This is the completely un-curried Americanized version with Ritz(or any round buttery type) crackers. And lots of butter. Mmmmm...chicken and lots of butter, it's a marriage made in heaven.
It's easy to make, beats any chicken tender recipe hands down, and it's a family favorite. Skip the curry, the endless list of ingredients, the degree in Indian cooking and try this recipe instead of traditional Indian Butter Chicken. We're sure you'll be a fan.
1 cup crushed buttery round cracker crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
ground black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper.
3. Dip chicken in the eggs, and then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
4. Arrange coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear .
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken recipes