Crock Pot Chili Recipe
This crock pot chili recipe will have chili lovers everywhere begging for more. It is prepared in the crockpot to make everything easier. Serve in thick, crusty bread bowls for an even heartier meal.
Crock Pot Chili
2 Tablespoons oil
1 lb. dry black beans
6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon flaked oregano
1 bay leaf
1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes in juice
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 cans different types of beans (pinto, garbanzo, great northern, etc.)
1. Rinse dry beans and place in the crock pot with a generous amount of water.
2. Cook on low overnight.
3. Drain the water from the pot.
4. Heat oil and saute the onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
5. Add cumin and chili powder. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
6. Add mixture to crock pot along with all remaining ingredients except canned beans. Stir well.
7. Cook on low 8 hours. Add canned beans an hour before serving.