CROCK POT POTATO STUFFED CABBAGE
1 head cabbage
5 lb. potatoes -- peeled
1/2 cup rice, raw
1 teaspoon dill, dried
1/4 teaspoon black pepper -- ground
2 egg whites
1 can tomatoes (28 oz)
1 apple -- peeled and sliced
1/4 teaspoon ginger, dried -- ground
1. Parboil cabbage and separate the leaves. Slice off part of the heavy stalk of each leaf by slicing parallel to the leaf (do not cut into the leaf).
2. Grate potatoes, small inner leaves of cabbage, and one of the onions. Mix together.
3. Add rice, dill, and black pepper.
4. Beat egg whites until frothy and add to potato mixture.
5. Set aside two or three of the largest leaves. Fill each remaining cabbage leaf with approximately 2 Tbs. of the potato mixture.
6. Fold up bottom of leaf, then fold inthe sides, and roll up. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
7. Slice the reserved leaves and line the bottom of crockpot with them.
8. Slice second onion and layer on top of cabbage. Add tomatoes, apple, and ginger.
9. Place rolled stuffed cabbages into pot. Cook at low heat for 4 to 5 hours
CROCK POT PIEROGI CASSEROLE
4-6 large Potatoes peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
4 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 oz. Bow-ties pasta
1-1/2 sticks butter or margine, cut in Tablespoons (used to dot layers)
1 jar bacon bits
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup onion, chopped fine
1. Cook the pasta till tender but not mushy. Layer the ingredients in crock pot.
2. Cook on low 8 hours.
CROCK POT PIEROGIES IN PEPPER-SHALLOT SAUCE
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped sweet green peppers
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 lb. potato-filled pierogies, fresh or frozen
1. Combine all ingredients except pierogies in crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 5to 9 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 5 hours.
3. Add pierogies. Cover and cook for 1 additional hour.
CROCK POT RATATOUILLE
2 large onions, sliced
1 large eggplant, sliced
4 small zucchini, sliced
2 Garlic cloves; minced
2 Bell peppers, green; seeded & cut in thin strips
6 large Tomatos; cut in 1/2" wedges
1 teaspoon Basil
2 teaspoons Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
2 Tablespoons Parsley; chopped
1/4 cup Olive oil
1. Layer half the vegetables in the crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes. Repeat.
2. Sprinkle basil, salt, pepper, and parsley over top. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours
CROCK POT CREAMY RED POTATOES
2 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of potato soup, undiluted
1 envelope rance salad dressing mix
1. Place potatoes in crockpot.
2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, soup and salad dressing, mix. Stir into potatoes.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
CROCK POT RED RICE
4 to 6 slices bacon, fried & crumbled
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cans chopped tomatoes, (15 oz each)
1 cup converted rice
1/2 to 1 cup cooked chopped ham
salt and pepper, to taste
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1. Fry bacon; drain and crumble. Cook onion in bacon grease just until softened.
2. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until rice is tender but not mushy.
1 3/4 cups fresh rhubarb
3/4 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole cloves
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1. Cut rhubarb into small pieces. Combine rhubarb with 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves and lemon peel in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Remove whole spices. Spoon rhubarb into baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over rhubarb.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
CROCK POT SAVORY SALSA-CORN CAKE
2 boxes corn muffin mix, (8 oz each)
1 can creamed corn, (15 ounce)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can chopped green chiles, (4 ounces) undrained
2 Tablespoons soft margarine
3 to 4 Tablespoons chunky salsa
1. In a medium bowl, combine creamed corn, eggs, sour cream, chiles, and margarine.
2. Whisk together until well combined. Add corn muffin mix, stirring well to combine.
3. Generously grease a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot with margarine or butter. Pour batter into the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
4. Spoon salsa over the top and cut into the batter.
5. Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours. Turn heat off and let cool with lid ajar, for about 15 minutes.
6. Loosen sides with a knife and invert onto a large plate.
CROCK POT MAPLE GLAZED SWEET POTATOES
5 medium sweet potatoes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup apple cider
dash salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices; place in Crock Pot.
2. Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over potatoes.
3. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours. Stir a few times to keep them coated.
CROCK POT CREAMY SCALLOPED POTATOES
3 cups Thinly sliced carrots
3 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
2 cups Water
3 Tablespoons Orange marmalade
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Chopped pecans
1. Combine carrots, water, and salt in Crock Pot.
2. Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours or until the carrots are done. Drain well; stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on high 20-30 minutes.
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes
Most Popular Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken
- Crock Pot Recipes for the Crockpot and Slow Cooker
- Smothered Chicken with Red Potatoes
- Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
- Basil Garlic Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Farmhouse Chicken and Corn Chowder