1/3 cup milk
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup flour
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 medium plums, pitted and halved
Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter.
2. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the egg mixture and beat just until combined.
3. Pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan. Place plums cut side up over batter.
4. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!