Cadbury Creme Eggs Recipe Clone
This recipe duplicates those famous creme eggs that appear every year in Easter baskets far and wide. Make them at home and get your Cadbury Creme Egg cravings satisfied any time of the year.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
10 cups powdered confectioner's sugar
brown sugar, for dusting
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1 pound semisweet chocolate
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, salt and vanilla until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk, and beat in icing sugar. Blend until stiff.
2. Remove mixture from bowl. Dust with brown sugar. Knead until smooth.
3. Set aside about 2/3 of the white mixture. This will be the whitse of the eggs.
4. To the remaining mixture add yellow food coloring. Blend in well. This will be the yolks of the eggs.
5. Divide yellow and white mixtures into 24 pieces each.
6. Shape each yellow piece into a ball, mold a piece of the white mixture around yellow to form an egg shape. Dry at room temperature on paper towels for 24 hours.
7. Melt chocolate in double boiler or fondue pot and dip eggs in chocolate.
8. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate after cool.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!