Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Barbecued Beef Ingredients:
½ cup ketchup
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground mustard
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. thinly sliced cooked roast beef, cut into 1-inch strips (3 cups)
6 hamburger buns, split
1. In 1-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
2. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir beef into sauce. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until beef is hot.
4. Fill buns with beef mixture. Serve with French fries (baked from frozen) and coleslaw.
KFC Coleslaw Recipe Ingredients:
1 cabbage, shredded
¼ cup sugar
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup milk
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup buttermilk
½ teaspoon celery seed
2 drops Tabasco
3 Tablespoons onions, dry minced
1. Slice cabbage paper thin, and toss lightly with sugar, shredded carrots.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drench it all with milk. Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise (not salad dressing), buttermilk, celery seed, Tabasco and minced onion.
4. Mix well with cabbage mixture.
5. Refrigerate again at least an hour before serving.
6. Drain some of the dressing first and serve it separately at the table.