Rice pudding is wonderful when it is served right out of the oven. The creamy blend of rice, milk, sugar and cinnamon make it a delicious comfort food that's also very easy to make.
This isn't the rice pudding recipe that takes five hours to make, but it tastes every bit as good. You can omit the raisins, but they seem to add just the right flavor and texture to this decadently tasty dish.
Rice Pudding is a perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
1/2 pound long grain white rice, cooked (still warm)
1 quart milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup milk (additional)
1/2 cup raisins
1. Add the milk to the warm rice, mix thoroughly.
2. Add sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Mix well.
3. Melt teaspoon of butter, add 1/4 cup milk. Heat through but do not boil.
3. Place rice mixture in an oven safe dish and pour butter-milk mixture on top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
Easy RecipesMain Page
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.