This Mexican-inspired dish is too easy not to try. Easy ingredients make it mom's favorite go to dish, delicious flavors make it a family favorite.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
5 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
3. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, pour salsa on top.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
5. Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve. Serves 4.