1 pound of ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
2 tablespoons water
1 large egg
Red and yellow liquid food coloring
1. Cook first five ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
3. Unfold one pie crust, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread mustard evenly over crust.
4. Stir together meat mixture and two cups of cheese; spoon onto center of crust, leaving a two inch border.
5. Unfold remaining pie crust, and cut out a jack-o-lantern face, reserving cut outs to use as stem.
6. Place crust over meat mixture; crimp edges of crust, and fold under.
7. Place stem on jack-o-lantern face.
8. Whisk together 2 tablespoons of water, egg and 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring; brush over crust.
9. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes; removed from oven; and brush again with egg mixture.
10. Fill eyes, nose and mouth with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes more, or until golden brown.