Brown Sugar Glazed Spiced Pork Loin Roast
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1½ teaspoons ground mustard
1½ teaspoons dried marjoram
1 teaspoon salt
1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
¾ cup unsweetened orange juice
¼ cup dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons grated orange peel
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
1. Combine garlic powder, mustard, marjoram and salt; rub over roast.
2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 1½ hours.
3. Remove from the oven; drain.
4. Combine orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and orange peel; pour half over roast.
5. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with remaining juice mixture.
6. Remove roast to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
7. Stir drippings in pan to loosen brown bits; pour into a measuring cup.
8. Skim off fat; reserve 2 Tablespoons drippings.
9. Add enough cold water to remaining drippings to measure 2 cups; set aside.
10. Place flour in a saucepan; stir in the 2 Tablespoons of reserved drippings until blended.
11. Gradually stir in remaining reserved liquid until smooth.
12. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
13. Reduce heat; add chopped orange pieces. Serve gravy with the roast.
Makes 12 servings
One serving (with 2½ Tablespoons gravy) equals:
11 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat)
112 mg cholesterol
393 mg sodium
8 grams carbohydrate
1 grams fiber
41 grams protein