Last Updated on
Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast
1 beef sirloin tip roast (2½ pounds), cut in half
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups brewed coffee
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (liquid smoke is 100% natural)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup cornstarch
⅓ cup cold water
1. In a large nonstick frying pan, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium high heat. This seals in the juices, but this step can be omitted if desired.
2. Place roast in a 5 quart crock pot.
3. In the same frying pan, sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic until tender.
4. Stir in the coffee, liquid smoke, salt, chili powder and pepper. Pour over roast.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
6. Remove roast and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a 2 cup measuring cup; skim fat.
7. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth.
8. Gradually stir in 2 cups cooking juices.
9. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (3 ounces cooked beef with ⅓ cup gravy) equals:
7 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
82 mg cholesterol
244 mg sodium
6 grams carbohydrate
0 mg fiber
28 grams protein