Chicken Breasts Florentine
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
8 thin, square slices part-skim Mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
½ cup fat-free canned chicken broth
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Dust the chicken breasts with the flour.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the breasts about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned, and season to taste. Remove to a 3-quart oblong dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cook the spinach according to the package directions; squeeze and drain well. Top each chicken breast with spinach and a slice of Mozzarella.
4. Add the chicken broth to the same pan used to sauté the breasts. Add the wine and lemon juice, scraping the pan to remove the drippings, and stirring until heated. Pour the sauce over the chicken. If preparing the chicken ahead of time, refrigerate it at this point. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is done. The cheese should be melted and the chicken heated thoroughly. Serve.
Serving size: 1 breast
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes