Healthy Beef Noodle Casserole
This beef noodle casserole uses tomato soup instead of a cream based soup like so many other casserole recipes do, making it lighter, tastier, and healthier. Using yolk-free noodles and lean ground beef cuts the cholesterol in this dish down, making it a great choice for everyone.
This healthy recipe is a great go-to pick for those nights when one child has baseball practice, the other has dance lessons, and you just want to collapse after a long day at work. You can have it put together and in the oven in less time then it will take for the pizza delivery guy to arrive on your doorstep, and you'll be saving lots of fat, calories and money!
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup onions, chopped finely
3 quarts boiling water
2 3/4 cups yolk-free noodles, uncooked
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, condensed
1 1/4 cups water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Brown beef and onions in hot skillet; drain.
2. Place water in large saucepan; bring to rolling boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. Combine soup, water, and pepper. Stir into cooked meat. Add cooked noodles to meat mixture. Stir gently to avoid tearing the noodles.
4. Spoon beef-noodle mixture into 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs over beef-noodle mixture.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees F, about 30 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 2 cups each
Total fat 18 grams
Saturated fat 6 grams
Cholesterol 86 milligrams
Sodium 575 milligrams