This beef noodle casserole uses tomato soup instead of a cream based soup like so many other casserole recipes do, making it lighter, tastier, and healthier. Using yolk-free noodles and lean ground beef cuts the cholesterol in this dish down, making it a great choice for everyone.
This healthy recipe is a great go-to pick for those nights when one child has baseball practice, the other has dance lessons, and you just want to collapse after a long day at work. You can have it put together and in the oven in less time then it will take for the pizza delivery guy to arrive on your doorstep, and you'll be saving lots of fat, calories and money!
1 pound lean ground beef
½ cup onions, chopped finely
3 quarts cold water
12 ounce bag yolk-free noodles, uncooked*
1 (10¾-ounce) can tomato soup, condensed
1¼ cups water
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Brown beef and onions in hot skillet; drain.
2. Meanwhile, place cold water in large saucepan; bring to rolling boil. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, combine soup, water, and pepper. Stir into cooked meat. Add cooked noodles to meat mixture. Stir gently to avoid tearing the noodles.
4. Spoon beef-noodle mixture into 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs over beef-noodle mixture.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees F, about 20 minutes or until the top begins to brown. Serve with roasted broccoli.
*We used Ronzoni Smart Taste Fasta for extra Fiber, Calcium, and Vitamin D
Makes 6 Servings, about 2 cups each
Total fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Cholesterol 46 milligrams
Sodium 319 milligrams
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!