At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Healthy Savory Beef Pasta Recipe
If you’re looking for something hearty, with that stick-to-your-ribs flavor without all the fat and calories, this healthy recipe is a winner. Green beans, egg noodles, lean ground beef, and just a few spices get together for a tasty, comforting meal.
10-ounce package green beans, frozen
½ cup onions, minced
1 pound + 6 ounces lean ground beef
6¾ cups yolk-free noodles, uncooked
2 cups cold water
2 cubes beef bouillon
⅓ cup flour
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Cook green beans according to package directions, set aside.
2. Place onions and ground beef in skillet. Cook over medium heat; stir occasionally. Cook until beef no longer remains pink, about 5 to 10 minutes. Drain fat off.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
4. Combine cold water and flour; stir until smooth. Add flour mixture and beef bouillon cubes to ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened and bouillon cubes have dissolved, about 4 minutes.
5. Add cooked green beans, cooked noodles, pepper, parsley flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to ground beef mixture; stir to combine.
6. Place beef mixture in 8×12 inch baking pan; cover and bake in 350 degrees F oven until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1½ cups each
Total fat 22 grams
Saturated fat 8 grams
Cholesterol 120 milligrams
Sodium 405 milligrams