1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons celery, finely diced
2 Tablespoons onion, finely diced
2 Tablespoons green pepper, finely diced
1 package (10 oz) frozen whole kernel corn
1 cup raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
to taste black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 Tablespoons flour
2 cups lowfat or skim milk
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
4. Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 205 mg
Total fiber: 4 g
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Potassium: 455 mg
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),