Healthy Peach Cobbler Recipe
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup peach nectar
1/4 cup pineapple juice or peach juice (if desired, use juice reserved from canned peaches)
2 cans (16 oz. each) peaches, packed in juice, drained, (or 1 3/4 lb fresh) sliced
1 Tablespoon tub margarine
1 cup dry pancake mix
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1. Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
2. Add sliced peaches to mixture.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 5–10 minutes.
4. In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
5. Lightly spray 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour hot peach mixture into dish.
6. In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this over peach mixture.
7. Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of batter.
8. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool and cut into 8 pieces.
Yield: 8 servings Serving size: 1 piece
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: less than 1 mg
Sodium: 263 mg
Total fiber: 2 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Potassium: 284 mg