Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
Put down that take out menu! We've got a great, healthy recipe for turkey stir fry that will make your favorite take out restaurant obsolete.
The fact that you can get it on the table in less then 30 minutes is an added bonus, it takes longer then that for the food to be delivered from the take out restaurant of your choice. We've packed in lots of delicious veggies, so you can feel good about serving it to your family and friends.
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 cup hot water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound turkey, cubed
1 3/4 cups carrots, thinly sliced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup hot water
1. Combine chicken bouillon cube and hot water to make broth; stir until dissolved.
2. Combine broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add garlic and turkey. Cook, stirring, until turkey is thoroughly
cooked and no longer pink in color.
4. Add carrots, zucchini, onion, and water to cooked turkey. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Uncover, bring turkey mixture to boil. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated.
5. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1/2 cup each
Total fat 9 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Cholesterol 44 milligrams
Sodium 506 milligrams