Spiced Pumpkin Flan
1 ¼ cups plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin purée
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups undiluted evaporated milk
⅓ cup water
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream, whipped
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1. Melt ½ cup of the sugar over low heat until the sugar forms a golden syrup. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
2. Pour immediately into a shallow cake pan (8x8x2) or a 9-inch pie plate, turning and rolling pan from side to side to coat evenly. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Combine ¾ cup of the remaining sugar with the salt and cinnamon. Add the pumpkin purée and eggs. Mix well.
5. Stir in the evaporated milk, water and vanilla. Mix well.
6. Turn into the caramel-coated pan. Set pan into a larger pan of hot water.
7. Bake for 1 ¼ hours, or until a knife inserted into the center of the filling comes out clean. Cool and chill.
8. To serve, run a spatula around the sides of the pan. Turn flan out onto a serving plate.
9. Cut into squares or wedges. Combine the whipped cream with the remaining sugar and ginger. Top flan with the whipped cream mixture.
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!