Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This is the traditional pumpkin pie recipe served at holiday dinners. Filled with aromatic spices like nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; it is a decadently delicious pumpkin pie everyone will love!
Serving it with whipped cream is traditional, and making homemade whipped cream is definitely worth the extra time. The recipe follows the pumpkin pie recipe, it's the very easy basic whipped cream recipe.
To make your crust from scratch, our pie crust recipe will create a perfect flaky crust for your pumpkin pie.
2 cups pumpkin (canned or puree)
1 1/4 cups half and half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
9 inch pie crust round
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place pie crust dough round into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edges to extend about a 1/2-inch over the rim of the pan. Fold edges under, and press to seal. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Cut a large circle of parchment; fit into the pie shell, extending above edges. Fill the shell with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake pie shell 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove weights and parchment; bake 10 to 15 minutes more until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Place pumpkin in a large bowl.
6. In a separate bowl, beat eggs well. Beat in half and half, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, and spices until thoroughly blended. Add in the pumpkin mixture, mix well.
7. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and place in center oven rack . Bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling is firm.
8. Cool completely on wire racks and serve with whipped cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Homemade Whipped Cream Directions:
1. Using an electic mixer, whip cream until almost stiff. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until cream holds peaks. Spread over top of cooled pie or serve in a chilled bowl for individual serving.