Hearty Chili Cheese Fries
32 ounces frozen French fries
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 cup lager
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
Salt and black pepper
15 ounces cheese sauce, heated
Salsa and sour cream
2 green onions, finely chopped
1. Bake the French fries according to package directions.
2. While fries are baking, brown the ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up the meat.
3. Add garlic during the last minute or two so it doesn’t burn. Drain excess fat.
4. Stir chili powder, lager and tomato paste into beef mixture.
5. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until most liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the cooked French fries evenly among bowls.
7. Top french fries evenly with the chili mixture.
8. Evenly top the chili mixture with the cheese sauce.
8. Garnish with salsa, sour cream and green onion. Makes 4 Servings.