10 ounces 95% lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
4 ounces chopped mild green chiles
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/2 cup tomato sauce, divided
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 large green bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and stemmed
2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
corn tortilla chips for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Brown beef 6 to 8 minutes in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat.
3. Add onion, chiles, corn, 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce, cornmeal, salt and cumin; mix well.
4. Arrange pepper halves, cut side up, in 12×8-inch baking pan. Spoon beef mixture evenly into each pepper half.
5. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce over beef mixture.
6. Bake about 25 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!